Wednesday, October 7, 2009

roamin' round the higlands



Hello all. I can only imagine what all of yall are doing right this moment. I, currently, am sitting in my little dorm box doing everything in my power to keep focusing on my homework... oops, now I'm writing a blog. Oh well. I am currently in four literature classes and boy do they expect the reading. My homework load is currently, and will probably continue to be, four novels a week. Holy macaroni.

If I am not sleeping, eating or in class, then I am reading... or trying to force myself to focus on reading. Whoever said studying abroad was easier lied to me.

BUT, all of this reading has made socializing better than ever. I SUPER enjoy going out to pubs at night after a long day of intellectual labor. And weekend trips are so much fun. It's like exhaling after holding your breath a long time.

Last weekend I went on a trip with the mountaineering club. We went to a part of the highlands called Glencoe. It. Was. Beautiful. But it was also the giver of pouring rain, hail, and 100mph winds. Hiking in that was fantastic, and dare I say it "broke the ice" between all us participants. Hahaha.

We had a really good group on the trip. Everyone was super chill, open and friendly. I especially made friends with a group of Frenchies namely Aude, Gauthier and Antoine. They talk alot about France and frankly it makes me really want to go there. I also got to meet a lot of locals, meaning Scottish people. They are really cool as well. I felt pretty successful having met them on that trip because it was pretty much my goal of joining the club. It seems like since everyone had such a good time together the collective socializing will continue. One difference here is that all clubs have socials once a week or every two weeks at pubs... very interesting yes.

Oh and I saw sheep last weekend and bought a wool sweater. Check off some one of my goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment