Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Some Leftover Journal Notes

Latgalian old believers community is in Jekabpils.

Slavic culture usu. patriarchal, Baltic are matriarchal.

Salaspils, Latvija: first concentration camp I've been to.
Sat in the concrete square field and said the Shma and what I could remember of the Kaddish.

I'M LEARNING RUSSIAN

Vodka Museum
- Bullshit
- No free booze
- $5
- Lots of stamps

13 June 2009
Orange Line Metro
Moscow, Russia

I find the loud screech-clang-roar of the Metro surprisingly calming.

Fitness!

TO GET THERE (FROM WARSAW)
1) Tram out of Center (9, 15, 25)
-> Last Stop (Okecie?)
Bus stop ~50m farther
2) From center, take Bus to "Centrum Janki" (it's free)
(~20 km)
Catch it just W of rail station @ Al Jerozolimskie
40 min to Ikea, from there get on droga Krajowa 7 (E77)


I just peed on the Arctic Circle

Wenn du nicht rauchst, rauche ich auch nicht.

I've realized I no longer look at a building that seems in imminent danger of collapse and think "Jeezus, that building might fall over any second."  Instead, I hardly notice anymore.

shulllkur - ШУЛКУР (?) - sausage

БАНИЦА = yum

FLIGHT @ 1230 -> SAVE TL3.00

Haha. I think I'm a bit more blunt than Brian.

2 comments:

  1. Wenn Sie nicht rauchen, Penis, ich rauche nicht Penis.

    Also, I agree with the buildings thing.

    I am blunt.

    ReplyDelete