Thursday, May 20, 2010

HOLY-ISTIC COW

im thinking of being creative. being creative is pretty bogus though. im sitting on my bedroom floor looking at all the blank white walls and the pile of trash i swept up that has to-do lists, empty cider bottles, and old hi-lighters all raked into the same corner. i forgot to mention the box of cheerios. that pretty much sums up my semester. i took all of my tapestries and klimt photos down so now the room (no longer MY room) seems so... sterile. so boxy. i havent had the urge to be creative in a long time -- i sort of gave up that aspiration in high school because i figured it was a phase everyone goes through. i mean, c'mon everyone knows the best little token to get in LIFE is "you write a best-selling novl, $50,000." so cliche; it's in a board game i mean. nuff said, right? anyway, every five minutes of cleaning my room warrants forty-four minutes of breaking, since that's the length of an episode of the o.c. i swear i don't like it, but i stayed up the night before watching it until five in the morning. but hey, it's summertime and the livin's easy. what else do i have to do? maybe that's the wrong attitude though. there's only so much bad tv i can rip from the internet to prove my retaliation to all things educational (suck it willamette), but i also don't want to spend my entire summer holed-up in my room and embarrassed of what im doing. think holistic, think wholesome. re-reading favorite books, maybe journaling and maybe not, making new book lists, playing some ultimate or taking a hike by myself.

practically my only memory of finals week is walking outside from a library binge and seeing stina lounging in the sun on jackson plaza engrossed in the last hp book. god, that's the right attitude.

by the way, creative mission accomplished. i mean, did you read my title?

3 comments:

  1. book lists? ari, shoot me a recommendation.

    ps. that was a fine example of a creative blogging session that ultimately captured so many moments i myself have experienced. sheesh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. east of eden by steinbeck.

    somewhere natarat has a booklist i made for her in south america. i think i titled it something like, "books i would de-friend anyone for not liking." maybe. you get the gist. anyway, east of eden is at the top of that list and i'll put my thinking cap on to try and re-create the rest of it. unless natarat finds the list again and decides to post it or something....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will find that list and put it on the blog so it can live forever

    ReplyDelete