Friday, August 7, 2009

Yellerstone

Just got back from another quick trip to Yellowstone. What a beautiful place! We took our friends there for the night and saw a bunch of animals. A female black bear crossed a bridge while we were on it and came right up to our car. We went and stood near a huge herd of bison and watched all the bulls rounding up cows. They made all these really cool bellowing sounds that reminded me of hippos. Then we slept out under the stars and at 2 am it started raining! My parents and I jumped into the cab of the truck and I shared the backseat with Tipper and Sparky our dogs. It was pretty funny because Sparky, the poodle, who is pretty old, didn't want to move over and give me room so I had to curl up on one side and Tipper slept under my feet. Then we woke up at 5 and went to look for animals again. We didn't see much even though dawn is when they are most active usually. So we did an early mud volcano walk and a huge bull bison walked really close to us, a little bit scary! Then, as we were driving home we saw a wolf. That was super exciting for me because I have always wanted to see one but they are super elusive. We just watched it trot into the trees and another mile on there was a little grizzly bear by the road. We jumped out and joined a crowd watching it eat berries and were really close to it. It had both ears tagged and a big collar so we think it was pretty used to humans. I love Wyoming, it's like heaven up here with all the animals.

No comments:

Post a Comment