Sunday, August 2, 2009

Thinking of uds

So about a week and a half ago I moved back to Gto, but continued working with the profesor in Irapuato. This last weekend, there´s been this international film festival here, and yesterday I watched this documentary of alternative rock bands fro the UK (the país invitado). There were some that reminded me of Motz-art, like animal collective, por ejemplo. I can tell they are an inspiration for you guys. All you music folk, you would love this city, theres so much live music all the time.
Other things that make me think of you: Meghan, you would not be happy with the treatment of animals here. There are many stray dogs, and if they´re caught they´re put down immediately. Also, I made the mistake once of looking under a piece of plastic down by the arroyo and there was a dead dog (not by natural causes) underneath. The smell was the most repulsive thing ever.
Well acutally I guess thats about it for now, I had more but forgot.
Anyways, now I´m going back to Irapuato to finish things up there and then will be heading on to my next farm. A WWOOF one this time. The owner is not Mexican, and I´m hoping that there are other mexicans there para seguir platicando en español. Besos todos

Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment