Wednesday, May 13, 2009

going home


Lat night, Natalia let me borrow her car so I could get to the airport. Ming came with me and drove the car back. On Sunday night we got confirmation from a guy Luiz that he wanted Ming and me as roommates. Very exciting. I'll be moving in right when I get back to Portland on the 22nd which is nice (I don't have to couch surf). Ming is moving in on the 30th. I dropped a ton of stuff off in an extra room at Luiz's house last night. Luiz was very witty and very welcoming. He's 32, works for a nonprofit and likes to cook. We got a tour of the house. Apparently it's 125 years old. The kitchen is really big and well lit. We're about a half mile down the road from where we're working and two miles from downtown. As Ming and I were bringing our stuff into the room, we met the other roommates. They're both musicians and they had been out jamming. One is moving out June 1st and Ming and I will take his room. The other roommate's name is Prospero. He has been there about a year and he works somewhere in SE. He's from Oaxaca. He speaks English almost perfectly. I'll probably be playing a lot of music with him this summer.

After leaving the house, we went to the airport and Ming dropped me off. It was about 12:30am and there weren't very many people around. When I was going to the bathroom, this four and a half foot high woman who was vacuuming asked me if I was a boy. I didn't understand her question at first but when she heard me ask "WHAT?!", she figured it out I think. Sleeping in the airport wasn't fun. I woke up at 5am and the lines were hella long already. I tried to get a veggie breakfast sandwich but they wouldn't substitute anything for the meat...grrr. Typical. I'm now waiting for about another hour before my flight takes off. Flying Portland to Portland via Newark. It's going to be a long day.

1 comment:

  1. gah, living in pdx is going to be awesome. sweet picture btw.

    ReplyDelete