Tuesday, July 28, 2009

two TIUA students showed up at my doorstep

ok, so that's an exaggeration. Actually I got a call at 9:42pm on Sunday night from Kazuma, who was on my TaB trip, saying that he was at the Greyhound bus station in New Orleans with his friend Kohei. I asked "do you want me to come get you?" he said "please." So I picked them up and they said they'd like to stay for a couple of days and I said I'd show them around.

Their plan is to travel all around the US on Greyhound buses. So far they've been to San Francisco, LA, Las Vegas, Grand Canyon, El Paso, Houston and New Orleans. From here they are going to Atlanta, Washington D.C., New York, Chicago, and Yellowstone... crazy. They will have seen more of the US than me!

So yesterday and today my friend Sheba and I showed them all around the French Quarter, ate some beignets, took a ferry across the Mississippi, ate some po-boys, listened to some live jazz... basically it was really fun playing tourist for a while.

My brother got his wisdom teeth out this morning... I can already tell the wisdom is gone. jkjk. Also, this weekend Sheba and I are going to a concert by a latin bachata band from New York called Bachata Heigtz. OH yeah.

That's it for plans. Oh, and I called my Scottish university this morning and could barely understand the woman who answered the phone. Their accent is rough.

3 comments:

  1. haha, I love the label, maybe because I envision Kazuma as a gangster, and that is a great picture. Also, I need me a beignet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What are beignets? Question for Mads: what do you miss most about Ecuador? If Kazuma is still around say hi!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beignets are like, fried dough covered in powdered sugar... oh yeah. And that's a hard question Katie. I'd say what I miss most is just the pace of life there. And the people, and the dancing! Oh and the mountains. Hm, I suppose I can't really answer this question :) I just miss my daily existence there.

    ReplyDelete