Sunday, June 27, 2010

hobo jungle

this is what I wrote in my notebook during bio class on june 17th at Zena. It's mainly a list of words I like, and all the weird Alaska place names I could think of.

(in the margins:)
jjohns: "what is sustainability?"
"long-term longevity"-Kali

holy shit

"I'm a little scattered here, sorry" -Jennifer Johns

fucking sustainability


----------------------------------
ptarmigan tarmac sage
mokum(sp?) viticulture succession
fig oak visceral fallow
silty clay loam heirloom
french press jasmine bergamot
hops unwieldy India Pale Ale
-----------------------------------------------
alder tendril shale
kale wigwam salmon
slough
----------------------------------------------
Bethel
Norton Sound
Nome
Talkeetna
Dillingham
Ouzinkie
Tok
Eek
Minto
Barrow

Egegik
Naknek
Ugashik
Nushagak
Kvichak
Uyak
Uganik
Ugat
Alitak
Ahkiok
------------------------------------

It is finally hot in Salem. I'm listening to Joanna Newsom, a strange and lovely musician.
Brett and Madz: I am awaiting your arrivals eagerly! What should we do for the 4th of July?









5 comments:

  1. know what i say? fuck sustainability.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1) slough= such a good word
    2) those alaskan names are so full of k's
    3) sparklers and long exposure cameras

    ReplyDelete
  3. What about Unalaska, Alaska?

    I like watching the fireworks at the Riverfront, and I am in favor of sparklers and long exposures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what did delaware? i don't know. alaska!

    anyone? anyone?

    ReplyDelete