Friday, June 19, 2009

Hace casi dos semanas...

Hola amigos!

Omg, I can´t believe its already been almost 2 weeks. I apologize in advance for any spanglish I throw in. So I've been studying español a la escuela mexicana desde mi llegada, y he aprendido mucho. I'm staying with a family in la ciudad de Guanajuato and its absolutely beautiful. Cobble stone streets, colorful buildings, música todo el tiempo, and friendly people. My time here is already coming to an end though, hopefully this weekend I'll be moving to my first farm. Slight problem though, the farmer Oscar hasn't responded to my last 2 emails this last week, and usually he responds right away, so I don't know exactly how to get to the farm or whats going on. Some police chiefs were recently arrested in the Silao, the nearest pueblo for being implicated in drug networks, and so I don't know if the situation there has affected anything.

Ok, so a quick rundown of the typical day. Get up 8, go to classes from 9 hasta 2 y regreso a la casa para comida a las 3 ( the main meal of the day). I live on top of a huge hill with a beautiful vista de la ciudad and so I've been staying in better shape than I thought. Then I take a siesta and go back down to the city and walk around, people watch, and meet up with some friends from the school, and some Mexican friends and go to various bars. And no, I still don't drink, although I could probably do so very easily for not a lot of money, guys are always offering to buy me something and there's lots of free nights para las mujeres. Go back to the house about 2 ( we're always the party poopers, most stay out till 4) and repito.

K, thats all the time I have, I still haven't caught up on all your posts! Yall have been blogging like mad! Con todo mi amor...

2 comments:

  1. Man, it sounds like you're having a wonderful time though..and I'll be missing Colorado soon too! About 2 weeks left before I leave! I miss you too and keep busy ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh man, i hope that farm guy answers. i have to walk home up a big hill too. however, im not sure it´s enough to keep off all i´m eating :)

    ReplyDelete