Saturday, June 20, 2009

This week I have been field managing a section of Lake Oswego and it is, in a word, stressful. I could go into all the extra responsibilities I have now, but it'd be hard to explain and not very interesting. Tonight was crazy though -- I was supposed to have a really good turf, but after five hours I'd only raised 25 dollars and all the rest of my renewals had said no (with the exception of one, who was avoiding me. They were home but not answering their door, and finally when I caught them in their car on their way to dinner they said they wouldn't be back for several hours). I was freaking out because without a good night I wouldn't make quota for the week and you're only allowed to miss two in a row. So I sat down and waited for the night to be over. With ten minutes left on turf, I saw my renewal come back. I almost didn't go back, because I needed a really big contribution to break quota and the odds of that happening were slim, so what was the point of harassing them when they'd made it pretty clear they didn't want to talk to me? But, you know, it being my job and all, I should just get it over with. Dude, the guy saved my butt big time -- I made quota, and I can go off to Bend for the week on a camping canvass feeling like my neck isn't on the line. It'll switch up the monotony too, which was starting to sink in.

Ugh, it's pathetic really -- I spend all morning getting to the office to canvass, I canvass all evening, I dream about canvassing at night sometimes, and now it's all I blog about too.

1 comment:

  1. just think of america sur! it´s going to be so worth it!

    other than that, keep up the good work! i mean it´s the perfect job for a stalker like you :)

    ReplyDelete