Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Blood and Goo

Yesterday I went to my first day as a volunteer in the Vet clinic in Big Piney (or as my mom called it in her youth "Pig's Hiney". IT is about 45 minutes away from my small town of Daniel or Cora, or somewhere in between. We aren't quite sure which we belong to. The morning was really cool. I got to hold an old border collie with a huge tumor so the vet could take a tissue sample. Help x-ray a dog and a horse. Prepped some sutures. It was pretty gruesome actually. I had to get used to all the blood and goo again but I learned a lot. I watched him spay a dog which sort of reminded me of dissecting a mink in bio at Willamette. I miss school. Isn't that weird?

5 comments:

  1. I thought you got sick at the site of blood? Case in point: Dan chopping his big toe off with a hatchet and you leaving him to bleed to death at the campsite (all right, all right --- to come tell us what a fool Dan had just made of himself). Lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. it could also be the site of blood. more like blood sites.

    ReplyDelete