Monday, July 6, 2009

cherry tree
















So I thought I would share some of the highlights of being home in simple, easy to read point form:

1. This cherry tree. Any place you reach you get a handful of cherries. And.. It looks like a monster at night. Big plus.

2. My mom called my friend Jim's mom to plan a get-together with our two family's and some friends, and she got the answering message. The kicker though, was that she ran out of time, so the answering message played back the message that she left. Pretty vanilla, I know, except that she couldn't stop laughing at her own voice. She just sat back and listened to herself talking and laughed.

3. I went to Seattle to become a townie for a day. We ate ice cream at an ice cream store (no Creole Creamer) where Brian's Natalie Portman looking GF Maradeth (whom we've all met and know to be a very agreeable person) works. We consider whether to pay the extra $1 for the waffle cone and Brian denies saying that waffle cone's are too trans fatsie. We agree.

(As a side note the cups and spoons are biodegradable because they are made out of potatoes. They are called tater-ware)

4. I went on a bike-ride today with my best friend Jim down to the lake to go swimming and enjoy each other's company. The wind was high, as were the waves, so it was only us out in the water. We dove around a bit, looking for our infamous rock pile from two summers before to no avail.

5. Family and friends always seem to be changing!

Ok, there are my five points.
-Dan

3 comments:

  1. I feel like I can eat cherries by the tree-ful and I am super jealous of you... and of my neighbors who also have one in their backyard and that, from what I can tell, they are not taking advantage of. On a scale of 1 to 10 (ten being I should be thrown in prison, 1 being I should be applauded for my passion), how bad would it be if I snuck in their backyard on some day and ate their cherries?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would offer to help them pick them, and they would probably let you keep a bucketful. Or you could take the James Bond approach.

    ReplyDelete