Tuesday, July 21, 2009

This is too long for facebook

SO I checked out the date Aug 25 because it looks like at that time, Portland will become a Mecca to my favorite Willamette-ites and I wanted to see if I could join in the mayhem. Turns out I'll be unable to do so unless your schinannigans last past 10pm because that will be my last week as a canvasser. HOWEVER, I will be promptly be heading down to Salem to see everyone before I catch the train on Sep. 5 on my way to San Fran, and from there to Lima with Natalia.

I've got some favors to ask though. First off, is anyone headed down to Salem via Portland anytime between Aug 28 (my last day of work) and Sep 5 (when I catch my train from Salem) that would deign to give me a ride? And also, after this whole South America adventure is over, on Dec. 15 I will be arriving back in Salem around 2pm and I was wondering if someone from there would give me a ride up to Portland after a couple of days recoop. on campus. It will be finals week for you Willamette-ers so I could wait until you finished up the sem or if you had a free day or something and wouldn't mind an hour break to take me home....

Last favor. For my time in Salem, can I crash on somebody's floor?

SIDENOTE: Natalia, I bought my Amtrak ticket for Sep 5 out of Salem (if you don't come to campus beforehand, just board at Portland and I'll join you 45 min later. Save me a seat! Just to be sure, it is Coast Starlight train no. 11.) Return ticket is Dec. 14, Bus #5014 and then switching to train Coast Starlight no. 14 later on. Since Amtrak has so many stops for San Fran, select the Ferry building one -- it's closest to the airport.

Let the frenzy begin!

2 comments:

  1. I thought I posted this already, but it's not showing up. I'm volunteering my and Evan's apartment for your crashing pleasure.

    ReplyDelete